The New Mexico Palomino Exhibitors Association
nmpalomino – NOW ON FACEBOOK!! Where you'll find up to date show and club information as well as photos and more...... www.facebook.com/nmpalomino
is the state affiliate of the Palomino Horse Breeders of America (PHBA). NMPEA was formed in 1947 to promote Palomino Horses in the State of New Mexico
August 2017 Update
View newsletters in menu to left for more information and photos.
NM STATE FAIR PALOMINO SHOW
Free Palomino class coupon available for NEW Palomino exhibitors or horses for the upcoming Red Chile Fiesta, August 19-20, in Stanley, NM! Visit NMPEA on facebook at www.facebook.com/nmpalomino
New Mexico Palomino Exhibitor Association – July 2017 Newsletter
Please view pdf version of newsletter (in menu to left) to view photos.
New Mexico upcoming PHBA Sanctioned Shows;
RED CHILE FIESTA
AUGUST 19-20, 2017 – Wright's Arena, Stanley
• Triple Judged / Split / Combined Format
• Co-Hosted by NM Palomino Exhibitors, NM Paint Horse Club and Pinto Horse Club of NM
– Palomino Classes for Open, Amateur (including Amateur Walk/Trot Classes), Youth and Youth Walk/Trot Age 5–9
– Palomino Bred Classes for Open, Amateur and Youth
– Paint Classes for Open, Amateur, Novice Amateur, Amateur Walk/Trot, Youth and Youth Walk/Trot age 5–10
– Solid Bred Paint Classes for Open, Amateur and Youth
– Pinto Classes for Open, Amateur, Amateur Walk/Trot, and Youth
– Solid Pinto Classes
– All-breed Classes for Open, Amateur, and Youth (including numerous walk/trot classes)
– Ranch Horse Challenge
• Free cross over to open for amateur and youth exhibitor paying all show flat entry fee (palomino, paint, pinto)
• Low "Add a Breed" fee for double or triple registered horses
• High Point Awards in All Divisions
• Saturday evening exhibitor get-together
SEPTEMBER 16-17, 2017
EXPO NM Horse Arena, Albuquerque
• Double Judged / Split Combined Format
• Concurrent with AQHA show
• NM State Fair Horse Show Premium and Information available online at www.excelshows.com
NMPEA invites you to join us and reminds you……
• You can join PHBA and NMPEA at a PHBA sanctioned show
• PHBA horses (Palomino $amp; Palomino Bred) can be registered at a PHBA sanctioned show with completed application, photos, and appropriate fees.
• PHBA youth exhibitors DO NOT have to own the horse to exhibit in PHBA classes. The youth and the owner must be paid members of PHBA.
• To be eligible for NMPEA yearend awards, the horse and/or horse and rider team (for youth and amateur) must be nominated and appropriate fees paid.
Enrollments start at $5.00 per division (open, amateur and youth). Exhibitors and owners do not have to be residents of NM to compete for NMPEA awards.
NMPEA around NM in 2017:
• Show gift bags containing an engraved brush, horse cookies, money saving coupon for PHBA youth classes and more presented to 4-H Palomino and several Cloverbud and Novice exhibitors at regional 4-H shows: Albuquerque, Taos & Ft. Sumner.
• April – sponsored High Point Palomino Awards at 4-H Regional Show in Albuquerque
• May – sponsored High Point Palomino Awards at SWQHA Border Circuit in Las Cruces
• September – sponsoring High Point Palomino Awards at the NM State Fair 4-H Show in Albuquerque
2017 RAFFLE TICKETS COMING SOON! LIMITED NUMBER OF TICKETS AVAILABLE! Have some awesome items donated. Watch facebook for more info…… www.facebook.com/nmpalomino
2017 SHOW SEASON - November 1, 2016 through October 31, 2017:
Enroll your horse in the NMPEA yearend awards program before your first show and start earning points towards yearend awards! Points can be earned in PHBA approved classes (palomino and palomino bred) and up to six non-sanctioned shows held in NM (such as Quarter Horse Shows, Hunter/Jumper Events, 4-H Shows, All-Breed Shows and more). Only points from shows held in NM count towards the NMPEA yearend awards; but horses, exhibitors and owners need not reside in NM. Check your PHBA membership card to make sure your NM affiliate membership is current (NMPEA affiliate memberships are available if you live outside NM). Complete rules can be found on this website and a summary is listed on the enrollment form also available on this website. There is still time to qualify for yearend awards. Five PHBA shows remain: 3 at Red Chile and 2 at State Fair. Plus each entry in a PHBA approved class offered in NM during 2017 enters NMPEA members in a drawing for a participation award.
NMPEA Year End Awards Program Enrollment Checklist
• Mail or email form (and mail fee) to point keeper prior to the first show date you will be using towards yearend awards; NMPEA, c/o Ron Morris, PO Box 908, Belen, NM 87002, e-mail - email@example.com (or enrollment can be made at a NMPEA sponsored show prior to showing)
• Completed enrollment form (can be downloaded online from menu on this page of website)
• $5.00 enrollment fee per horse (for open) or per horse/exhibitor (for amateur and/or youth)
• Copy(ies) of current PHBA membership card(s) for exhibitor(s) and owner(s)
• Copy of horse's PHBA registration papers
Show Report Card Checklist
• Mail or email report cards (or acceptable substitute) to point keeper no more than 30 days after the end of show or event (or by November 15th if show is October 15th or later).
• Copy of show premium (class list)
2017 Officers and Board Members:
President – Ron Morris, email – firstname.lastname@example.org, phone (505) 417-6167
Vice-President – Nancy Grice, email – email@example.com
Secretary – Marcus McClain, email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer – Berniece Zielke, email – email@example.com
Donna Fowler email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tanya Dodds,email – email@example.com
We extend a special thank you to our 2017 sponsors and volunteers:
Barbara Quintana, Albuquerque
Carlos, Margaret and Yvonne Saavedra, Albuquerque
Dan's Boots and Saddles, Albuquerque North Valley, www.dansboots.com
Kay Coen, Espanola
Lillian Creel, Albuquerque
Nancy Grice, Veguita
Old Mill Farm & Ranch Supply, Los Chavez, Belen and Moriarty, 505-865-5432
Onate Feed, Albuquerque South Valley, www.onatefeedmill.com
Paul's Veterinary Supply, Albuquerque, 505-341-9401
Ray and Patti Martinez, Arizona
Ron Morris & Berniece Zielke, Belen, www.littlehillsranch.com
Sharon & Marcus McClain, Santa Fe
Sierra Cleaners, Belen, 505-864-5934
Susan Blakely, New Jersey
Tanya Dodds, Albuquerque
Wayne & Cathy Rae Justus, Colorado, www.waynejustus.com
Carmen O'Donnell, Alabama
Barbara Quintana, Albuquerque
We appreciate our generous sponsors and volunteers. If you would like to become a sponsor or know someone who would, please contact Ron Morris. Sponsorships start at $10 for a friend of NMPEA to $500 for a GOLD sponsor. Any amount is appreciated and goes to promote palominos, outreach programs, shows and awards. Sponsorship form available on this page.
We are also looking for volunteers to help at the August Red Chile Fiesta, August 19-20, in Stanley, NM: Ring steward, paddock, announcer, help setting trail, etc. Half day minimum commitment suggested. Thanks.
See pdf version of newsletter in left menu to view photos.
10 years ago – Grand & Reserve Champion Palomino Mares at the Paint and Palomino Horse Show August 2007.
And 60+ years ago – Grand Champion Mare, L.M. She'll Do, owned by Jack Hine, circa 1955.
Email your photos to Berniece at firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured on our facebook site and in our newsletters. Easy as snapping a photo with your smartphone and sharing. Look forward to seeing your memories!
We look forward to seeing you at our shows in 2017! Bring your palomino, palomino bred, paint, pinto and/or all breed horses and friends for some friendly competition.
PO Box 908
Belen, NM 87002
email – email@example.com
NMPEA is organized for the purpose of
exhibiting, promoting, stimulating interest
and providing means for improving
the Palomino Horse and
further the interest of its members
through cooperation and collaboration with the
Palomino Horse Breeders of America, Inc. (PHBA). NMPEA shall also encourage publicity and sale of the Palomino Horse Breed.